Founding Partner- Shane McClelland
“Justice consists not in being neutral between right and wrong, but in finding out the right and upholding it, wherever found, against the wrong.”— Theodore Roosevelt
Shane McClelland represents both individuals and businesses in state and Federal Courts in all aspects of civil litigation. His practice focuses on employment law, personal injury, natural disaster law (hurricane and flood claims), and business disputes.
Before opening the Law Offices of Shane McClelland, he was a partner at Herbert & McClelland, LLP for ten years. He litigated multi-million dollar cases, including traumatic brain injury cases, eighteen wheeler cases, billion dollar contract dispute cases, million dollar personal injury cases, multi-million dollar employment law disputes, employment discrimination and harassment cases, commercial real estate lease disputes, and represented many small to medium size businesses in various commercial matters.
Shane has successfully argued cases before the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, including oral arguments for a copyright case and a commercial dispute.
Shane clerked for the Honorable Marcia A. Crone in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, Beaumont Division. While in law school, he interned on the Houston (First) Court of Appeals for Justice George C. Hanks (now a United States District Court Judge in the Southern District of Texas). He also served as a summer associate for then-Attorney General (now United States Senator), John Cornyn.
Shane is licensed to practice in the state of Texas, Colorado, Nebraska, and the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
He graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a bachelor of arts in history. He earned his law degree from South Texas College of Law, where he was an Editor on the Law Review and a traveling member of South Texas’s moot court teams.
Shane won the Texas Young Lawyers Association President’s Award of Merit because he authored sections in Employment Handbook for Small Businesses.
Because of his excellent legal track record, he is ranked as a Superb and Top Attorney on Avvo.com.
Shane has written and co-authored numerous articles and given several speeches, including:
- Employment & Labor Relations Law, ABA Journal, Vol. 6, Issue 4: Rule 68 in Employment Litigation:
The Who, What, When, and How (co-author).
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P. Protecting Business Assets: Unfair Competition, Non-Competes & Trade Secrets Newsletter, Sword & Shield: The Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, January 2007 (co-author).
- Civil Pretrial Proceedings: All I Really Need To Know I Learned in First-Year Law School, Jefferson County Bar Association, Beaumont, Texas, January 2007 (co-author).
- A Sword and Shield—The Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, and How Employers Can Protect Their Trade Secrets, Privacy & Data Security Law Journal, December 2006 (contributor).
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P. National Employment Perspective Newsletter, Texas Supreme Court Revises Non-Compete Enforcement Standards, October 2006 (contributor).
He is an advocate for JDRF, American Diabetes Association, and YoungLife. Shane is a long-time proud Houstonian who lives in Katy with his family.
Should you have any questions, please contact us with the following form: