Katy Truck Accident Attorney
Unfortunately, truck accidents are common in Katy, Texas, and can lead to severe harm or even fatalities. If you or someone you care about has been injured due to another driver's reckless or negligent behavior, you may be eligible for financial compensation. In these situations, it's essential to get the help of a skilled truck accident attorney who can guide you through the legal process and work to get you the compensation you deserve.
Dealing with the aftermath of a truck accident in Katy can be challenging and confusing. Trucking insurance companies often have legal teams working to minimize their financial burden, which means getting the compensation you need and deserve can be difficult. That's why having a knowledgeable attorney on your side is so important. Our Katy truck accident lawyer, Shane McClelland, can fight for your right to receive the compensation needed to cover medical expenses, lost income, and other related costs.
With a proven track record of success, Shane McClelland has the experience and knowledge necessary to handle your case effectively. He understands what it takes to win financial compensation for his clients and will work tirelessly to get you the results you deserve. He will work closely with you to understand the details of your case, build a solid legal strategy, and represent your interests throughout the legal process.
If you or someone you love has been involved in a truck collision in Katy, don't hesitate to contact the Law Office of Shane McClelland for a consultation.
Contact us at (713) 242-1302 to learn more about your options and how he can help you fight to win your claim.
Truck Accident Injuries
Truck accidents can lead to severe injuries. Being aware of the types of damages that can result from truck accidents can help you take steps to safeguard yourself and your loved ones.
- Head and Brain Injuries: These injuries can range from mild concussions to skull fractures and traumatic brain injuries. Traumatic brain injuries can have long-lasting and permanent effects, including cognitive, physical, and emotional impairments.
- Neck and Back Injuries: Whiplash, herniated discs, and spinal cord injuries can result in chronic pain and decreased mobility, making daily activities difficult.
- Bone Fractures: Truck crashes can leave you with broken bones, especially in your arms, legs, and ribs. If the break is severe or in multiple places, it can result in ongoing pain and make it hard to use the affected limb again fully.
- Internal Injuries: Internal harm, like lung, liver, or spleen damage, can be caused by truck collisions. These kinds of injuries may not be immediately noticeable after the crash but, if left unchecked, they can become a dangerous risk to one's health.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Limited mobility, swelling, and discomfort can be caused by soft tissue damage, such as sprains, strains, and contusions.
It is essential to seek medical attention immediately after a truck accident to determine the extent of your injuries and receive proper treatment. In some cases, these injuries can have long-lasting effects that can impact your ability to work and enjoy life. If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident, you may benefit from the guidance of a Katy truck accident lawyer who can help you navigate the legal process and protect your rights.
Causes of Truck Accidents
- Driver Fatigue: Truck drivers often have tight delivery schedules and spend long hours on the road, leading to exhaustion and decreased attention. This can result in reduced reaction times, impaired judgment, and an increased risk of accidents.
- Improper Maintenance: Not taking care of the truck can lead to serious mechanical problems, like a tire blowout or brake failure, which can compromise the driver's control of the vehicle, putting themselves and others on the road in danger.
- Distracted Driving: Texting, browsing the internet, or making phone calls while behind the wheel takes a driver's attention away from the road and increases the risk of an accident.
- Improper Loading: The misdistribution of weight can cause the truck to tip over or become uncontrollable, especially when navigating sharp turns or steep inclines.
- Reckless or Aggressive Driving: Speeding, tailgating, and making sudden lane changes can cause accidents and put other drivers on the road at risk.
- Substance Abuse: Truck drivers who drive under the influence of substances put themselves and other drivers on the road at risk and can face serious legal consequences if they are involved in an accident.
- Weather Conditions: Poor weather conditions can make it more difficult for truck drivers to see the road and react to changing conditions. Heavy rain, snow, and fog can reduce visibility and make it more difficult to control the vehicle.
Legal Representation in Truck Accident Cases
Given the size and weight of commercial trucks, they have the potential to cause significant damage in a collision. Legal representation after a truck accident is crucial.
In a truck accident case, a victim will require legal representation to protect their interests in a court of law. The trucking company and the insurance company will have their lawyers working to protect their interests, and the victim needs someone to help level the playing field. A Katy truck accident lawyer can help you build a strong case and negotiate with the insurance company to secure a fair settlement.
If you or someone you know has been involved in a truck accident in Katy, Texas, it's essential to seek legal representation as soon as possible. An experienced truck accident attorney like ours can help you navigate the legal process and ensure your rights are protected. With our help, you can secure the compensation you deserve and move forward with your life after the accident.
Determining Fault in a Truck Accident Case
- Investigating the Accident Scene: The first step in determining fault in a truck accident case is thoroughly investigating the accident scene. This includes taking photographs, measuring skid marks, and examining the positions of the vehicles involved in the accident. Any physical evidence, such as road debris or vehicle damage, can also provide insight into how the accident occurred and who may have been at fault.
- Interviewing Witnesses: The testimony of anyone who saw or heard anything leading up to or during the incident can provide valuable insight.
- Examining the Vehicles Involved: This includes checking for mechanical issues that may have contributed to the accident, such as brake failure or tire blowouts.
- Reviewing Relevant Documents: When investigating a truck accident, the black box on the truck can provide essential details about the vehicle's speed, braking, and other crucial factors that might have played a role. The logbook, which keeps track of the driver's work hours, can also help determine fault by showing the driver's level of fatigue at the time of the crash. By examining the maintenance records, we can see if the truck was well-maintained and if any potential problems that could have contributed to the accident were reported and addressed.
Liability in Truck Accidents
Who's at fault in a truck accident can be a complex matter, with liability potentially resting on multiple parties, including:
- Truck Driver: Typically, truck drivers are held responsible for truck accidents since they control the vehicle and make decisions while driving.
- Trucking Company: They have the duty of keeping the truck in good condition, ensuring the driver is trained well, and following all federal trucking regulations.
- Truck Owner: If they are aware of any issues with the truck and fail to have it repaired, they are accountable for the accident. If the owner allowed someone who wasn't licensed or trained to operate the truck, they would be held responsible for any resulting accidents.
- The Manufacturer of the Vehicle or its Parts: If a truck accident in Katy, Texas, is caused by a defect in the truck or its parts, then the truck manufacturer or parts supplier may be held responsible for the accident. This could be due to a design flaw, manufacturing error, or incorrect labeling of the vehicle or its components.
Determining who is responsible can be a complex process that requires a thorough investigation.
Compensation for Truck Accident Victims in Katy, Texas
In the case of a truck accident in Katy, Texas, you may be eligible for compensation for several types of damages. This compensation can help cover the financial losses incurred due to the accident and compensate for the physical and emotional distress caused.
- Medical Expenses: These expenses include hospitalization, surgery, rehabilitation, and other medical procedures. You may also be eligible for compensation for future medical expenses if the injury is expected to cause long-term consequences.
- Lost Income: A truck accident can seriously impact your life, especially if it leaves you unable to work for an extended period. If the accident has caused you to miss out on the income you would have earned, you may be eligible for compensation. If your injury is permanent, additional compensation may be available for future lost income.
- Property Damage: Your vehicle may have sustained damage if you've been in a truck accident. You may be eligible for compensation to help with the expenses of fixing or replacing it.
- Pain and Suffering: This compensation is designed to help you recover from the non-economic losses you've experienced from the accident.
- Punitive Damages: These damages are intended to punish the responsible party for their actions and deter similar behavior in the future.
The exact compensation you can recover for a truck accident in Katy, Texas, will depend on the specific circumstances of your case. It is recommended that you consult with an experienced truck accident attorney to determine the full extent of your rights and options for compensation. With the help of an attorney, you stand a better chance of receiving the maximum compensation possible for your losses.
The Role of a Truck Accident Lawyer
Investigate the Accident
Our Katy truck accident lawyer investigates the accident thoroughly. We gather all relevant information to uncover the reason for the accident and pinpoint anyone liable. This evidence is then utilized to construct a strong case in your best interest.
Represent Clients in Court
If necessary, we will represent you in court, negotiating settlements and presenting your case to the jury. Our experienced lawyer is knowledgeable of trucking regulations and laws, ensuring your rights are protected as we fight for fair compensation.
Communicate with Insurance Companies
Insurance companies often try to lowball settlements. Our Katy truck accident lawyer communicates with them on your behalf. Our lawyer negotiates with the insurance company, trucking company, and other liable parties to reach a settlement or award that adequately compensates your losses.
Our truck accident lawyer will file a lawsuit on your behalf to recover damages for your injuries, lost wages, and other expenses. We use our experience in the legal system to ensure that the lawsuit is filed correctly, and you have the best chance of success.
Provide Legal Advice
At the Law Office of Shane McClelland, we provide legal advice and guidance throughout the process, helping you make informed decisions. Our lawyer can answer your questions and provide support and guidance as needed.
Once a settlement or award is reached, we manage the distribution of funds and ensure that you receive the compensation to which you are entitled. We ensure that the settlement is distributed correctly and fight for maximum compensation to cover your losses.
Get the compensation you deserve with our truck accident lawyer in Katy, Texas. Contact the Law Office of Shane McClelland at (713) 242-1302 today!
“Shane's level & his team’s level of care for me were second to none.” - Adam D.
“Shane helped us in an injury case against a big box company.” - Randy Sergent SR, US Army Master Sergeant
“Attorney Shane McClelland took plenty of time to explain all my options.” - Mike H.