Attorney Shane McClelland Will Fight by Your Side

Offshore Injuries

Fort Bend County Offshore Injury Lawyer

Legal Representation for Jones Act & Offshore Workers

When you have been injured at work, whether offshore, on a ship, or on land that adjoins navigable water, you may be able to pursue compensation and benefits for your injury. The Law Office of Shane McClelland represents clients with claims under the Jones Act and other related offshore injuries. Our offshore injuries lawyer in Fort Bend County can evaluate your situation and advise you about the benefits or other compensation to which you may be entitled.

Please contact our firm at (713) 242-1302 for a free consultation.

The Jones Act

Seamen and other persons who were injured while working at sea, on offshore oil rigs, or maritime vessels have special rights and protection under the law. The Merchant Marine Act of 1920, also known as the Jones Act, provides protections and compensation to individuals working in U.S. territorial waters. 

These cases can be complicated since maritime operations often include many companies with overlapping responsibilities for supervision and safety. It is essential to hire an experienced attorney to advise you of the best course of action.

An employee may sue for injuries or illness that arose from employment and were caused by:

  • The employer’s negligence
  • A co-worker’s negligence
  • An unsafe condition
  • Inadequate or unavailable medical care
  • An employer’s failure to rescue or search for a seaman who fell or jumped overboard

Recoverable Damages

If you have been injured, you are now facing an unexpected financial burden at no fault of your own.

You may be eligible to recover compensation for:

  • Medical expenses
  • Lost wages and future earning capacity
  • Past and future physical pain and suffering
  • Disfigurement
  • Emotional distress

You have three years from the date of the illness or injury, so don’t wait to speak to an attorney.

If you have been injured in an offshore accident, contact the Law Office of Shane McClelland at (713) 242-1302.


  • “Dedicated, knowledgeable, rapid-fire attorney” - Anh N.
  • “Shane's level & his team’s level of care for me were second to none.” - Adam D.
  • “Shane helped us in an injury case against a big box company.” - Randy Sergent SR, US Army Master Sergeant

Our team is here for you

Contact Our Firm

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.