Traffic in Katy and in Houston is notorious. Car accidents are inevitable and increasingly a fact of life for every motorist and pedestrian in Texas. Accidents are especially prevalent in larger cities such as Houston, Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio and their surrounding areas like Katy.
If you are in a car accident, then you may suffer the following injuries:
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck sprains
- Nerve injuries
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
When you suffer serious injuries in a car accident, medical bills start to pile up. Before your medical bills become overwhelming, you should contact the Katy car accident attorney who can investigate the facts of your case, negotiate with insurance adjusters, and get you the compensation you deserve.
Unyielding Representation for Car Accident Victims
What are Common Causes of Car Accidents in Texas?
Katy is one of the fastest growing cities in the state of Texas with construction on new roads and more families moving in. However, the injuries related to auto accidents are also growing rapidly.
The common reasons for car accidents include:
- Distracted Drivers
- Failure to Signal
- Reckless Driving (rapid lane changes)
- Damaged Road Surfaces
- Broken Traffic Lights
- Tired Drivers
- Driving Dangerously In Severe Weather Conditions
- Driving Under the Influence of Drugs or Alcohol
- Failure to Obey Traffic Lights & Signs
If you were involved in a car accident and sustained bodily injuries, we are here to help get you the compensation you deserve. The Law Office of Shane McClelland is experienced in representing individuals involved in car accidents in Katy. Give us a call today for a review of your case and to schedule a consultation.
Unfortunately, increased traffic and congestion is not the only cause of car accidents. Distracted drivers, like those who text, make cell phone calls, or drive while intoxicated are making our roads and highways increasingly dangerous for our loved ones in cars, on bicycles, and walking. Some statistics show that 80 percent of car accidents are caused by distracted drivers. If you have been injured in a car accident, the Katy car accident attorney at the Law Office of Shane McClelland can help you understand your legal rights and the options available to pursue all of the money you deserve against a distracted driver. We have successfully represented injured drivers and passengers in almost every imaginable car accident scenario. From distracted drivers, head-on collisions, T-bones, drunk driving accidents, and hit-and-runs, no case is too complex for our team to handle.
What Type of Compensation Can Car Accident Victims Recover?
Victims of car accidents are entitled to recover financial compensation for their injuries. Financial compensation in car accident cases is commonly referred to as damages. Shane McClelland, the Katy car accident lawyer, can assess your situation to determine how much and what categories of compensation you are entitled to under the law. From there, he can build a strong case on your behalf, tailoring his strategies to meet your unique needs.
The types of compensation that car accident attorney Shane McClelland may be able to recover for you can include:
- Past and future medical care and medical expenses
- Emergency room care
- Surgical care
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Drug and medication expenses
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Lost wages, if you are unable to work due to an injury, you can receive compensation for missed paychecks, paid time off, and other work benefits you would otherwise have received.
- Loss of earning capacity
- Loss of consortium, loss of physical intimacy
- Loss of enjoyment of life, as you may no longer be able to do activities you once enjoyed
- Disability and disfigurement
Recovering from a major car accident is painful and stressful. It affects every facet of your life. You are not only missing work, but you have large medical expenses and a car that has significant damage. Shane McClelland is here to give you and your case the personalized representation it deserves.
What Can You Do to Avoid a Car Accident?
It is possible to reduce the risk of being involved in a traffic accident. The following will help you avoid being in a car accident:
- Enter Traffic Carefully: If you are merging onto the highway or turning at an intersection be vigilant of other driver’s blind spots.
- Never Assume Everyone Follows the Rules: Look twice to make sure no vehicles are running red lights.
- Avoid Excessive Distractions: Talking/texting on a cell phone, eating, taking your hands off the well and loud use of your stereo may distract you from the road.
- Take Care of Your Vehicle: Take special care of your vehicle, specifically your safety equipment; such as: brakes and lights, headlights and tires.
- Do Not Rely on Your Mirrors: When you are reversing do not solely use your mirror, turn your set and make sure the path is clear.
- Do Not Tail the Car in Front of You: Keep a safe distance away from the car in front of you.
- Stay Calm: Road rage and aggressive driving can lead to accidents, try your best to stay calm.
If you have suffered an injury in a traffic accident, the Katy car accident attorney at the Law Office of Shane McClelland is here to help you get the compensation you deserve. Call us today to discuss your options.
Recover the Compensation You Deserve
If you entrust car accident attorney Shane McClelland with your injury claim, then you may be able to recover compensation for expenses stemming from your injuries. Let the Law Office of Shane McClelland carry the load for you and level the playing field against large corporations and insurance companies so that you can focus on recovering from your injuries from your car accident.
We are here to help you get the compensation you deserve. If you have suffered injuries and you have outstanding medical expenses, lost wages, or have suffered any loss, then contact the Law Office of Shane McClelland today. The Law Office of Shane McClelland provides experienced personal injury car accident representation. Call us for a consultation.
Call (713) 242-1302 to schedule a free consultation with a Katy car accident lawyer and get started on your case today.